Friday, March 7, 2008

Telemarketing

OK, I'm home from working out(twelve minutes walking backwards on a treadmill at 1.5 mph, twelve minutes walking forward, starting at 2.5 mph, topping out at 3 mph, eighteen minutes on an Airdyne, fifteen of it hard, and twenty-three minutes on a recumbent stationary bike, fifteen of those minutes going faster/farther than I ever have on that machine). I eat a bite, go down to check my email, and while I'm at the computer I get telemarketed by a slow talking adult male, whose native language had to be English.
He is, honest, trying to get me to buy HGH. I tried to tell him my baseball career was long over, but he kept telling me how great their product was. It isn't injectable, he said. It is a sublingual spray. I always wonder about people who buy pharmaceutical products after getting spam emails, and I think obtaining your enhancement drugs over the phone is just as scary.

No comments: